The author or owner of the work should make a copyright deposit, whether the work is artistic, literary, design, website, project or concept. A copyright deposit and registration is the only way an original work can be protected in a way that provides the author with the full range of advantages and benefits related to his creativity.
There many great reasons to protect a creative work by depositing and registering a work for copyright protection:
The deposit process is easy.
· A register protects one’s works for the life of the author plus 70 years and the deposit is stored securely for 30 years.
· Registration provides proof of the work’s creation date, to prevent plagiarism.
· A certification of deposit is available online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so that an author can respond easily to threatened litigation.
· Registration and deposit provides an archived history of one’s creations, including all aspects of the work, in a secure repository.
· It easily discourages others from copying or continuing to copy your work, since you can easily prove ownership and the date of creation.
· The author can indicate their ownership on their document or website and prove that it has been protected by copyright.